Ok, I’ve had the best week like, ever – because it’s been chilly here in South Florida! I’ve had the sliders open and I am actively looking for places that I can work outside – for those who know me, they know I like to keep my house at a cool 70, so being outside in South Florida is not my most favorite thing to do.
This weather also makes me crave cozy food – like soup. I made this on a whim and will be putting this on the rotation; even my four year old LOVED it! Stephan said it reminded him of Thanksgiving stuffing – and he’s totally right! So it’s fall perfect! Oh yea, and pork belly… duh.
Now, if you’re food prepping, this soup can be made in less than an hour of cooking and like, 10 minutes of work. Just roast the cauliflower and chop the veggies on your meal prep day (store separate in the fridge). BOOM! All the work is done!
This soup is simple, so you have to make sure you’re pumping up the flavor! I use fresh, riced cauliflower and roast it for 16 minutes before adding it to the soup. Also, cooking the leeks, carrots, and celery in the pork belly drippings just adds that extra depth of flavor – also one less dish to clean.
This is Whole30 complaint; just make sure you check the pork belly (mine is from Trader Joes) and the Chicken Stock – these companies are so sneaky with their ingredients – like added sugar, soy (??) and wine! Like, could you not? Kthnx.
Creamy Cauliflower & Leek Soup
- 12 Oz. Pork Belly Sliced
- 64 Oz. Chicken Stock
- 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 2 Leek Stalks Sliced
- 3 Stalks Celery Diced
- 3 Carrots Diced
- 2 Lbs. Fresh Riced Cauliflower**
- 3 Tbsp. Chopped Garlic
- 3 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees on the Roast setting.
- On a large pan - spread out the fresh cauliflower rice. Drizzle Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper over the cauliflower. Toss to coat. Cook in the oven for 8 minutes, mix up the cauliflower and put back into the oven for another 8 minutes or until it's brown but not crispy.
- Put your favorite soup pot on medium high heat - once hot coat with Olive Oil. Cook the Pork Belly in the pot until some fat has rendered and the pork belly is crispy. Remove from the pot and set aside. Add your Leeks, Celery, and Carrots - stirring frequently to pick up the brown bits on the bottom. Add more Olive Oil if needed and everything is sticking (if you're using a stainless steel pot). Once the veggies are soft, add the Garlic and cook for about a minute or two until it's fragrant. Add the remaining 2 Tbsp. of Italian Seasoning along with Salt and Pepper. Cook for another minute, stirring consistently. Slowly add the Coconut Milk to the hot pot - stirring to make sure you're picking up all those remaining browned bits. Then add the Chicken Stock and Roasted Cauliflower. Stir and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down the heat so that the soup is simmering, cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Get that stick blender out and blend that soup! BE CAREFUL IT'S HOT!! Also, add more stock if its not getting the consistency you're looking for. I probably added another half cup at the end.
- Serve up and top with chopped Pork Belly!