Throwing a party while trying to eat healthy can be so rough. Like, you have so many different people many who want to eat chips, pizza rolls and everything in between – so what’s a girl to do when you want your guests to be happy but you don’t want to derail your progress? I gotchu!
So I’ve put together a party menu that I used for my birthday party this year with whole30 options, paleo options and keto options! I did also include pizza rolls and taquitos – but that’s because I can walk away when I have so many options!
I will still make the traditional party finger food, but I stick with the options below:
- Deviled Eggs with Bacon – You can make the Hard Boiled eggs and the filling ahead of time – and then fill the day of the party! You can also grab pre-cooked eggs at the grocery store
- Spicy Tuna Fish Dip – Another make ahead item! Put it out with celery, cucumbers, plantain chips and extra jalapeños!
- Deli Meat & Cheese Platter – this platter is a quick lifesavers that you can also put together yourself the day before. I serve it with Hawaiian Bread Rolls AND full butter lettuce leaves for lettuce wraps. (The lettuce can also be for the tuna too!)
- Chicken Wings – These can be a labor of love which you may not want to do while everyone is at your house – however you could marinate them the night before and grill them up in one big batch when everyone gets there. Set up an outdoor area for people to sit so you will still be apart of the party while grilling. (Or get your significant other to do it! haha)
All of these things you can prep the day before – that way you’re not super stressed the day of! Also, you don’t need a lot for dinner – people are filling up on the appetizers above!
- Grilled Chicken – We get chicken for about $2.00/lb at Costco – cut each breast in half and marinate the night before in your favorite marinade. Mine is, olive oil, chicken stock, salt and pepper, fresh citrus and garlic. Another make ahead! (Also, hot dogs for kids!)
- BBQ Chicken, Bacon, Ranch “Pasta” Salad – This can also be made ahead and dressed at the last-minute – you could also nix the chicken since you’d be grilling some the day of!
- Killer Salad – Go to produce and get whats on sale! Start with a bed of lettuce – and build that salad! Eggs, Bacon, Avocado, Blueberries, Strawberries, Cucumbers, Peppers, Cheeses, Tomato, Zucchini, Carrots, Radishes — I mean you get it. (This also allows you to build a grilled chicken salad for dinner!)
I usually make one “signature drink” – and I would suggest it be something you like. I’m a Vodka Soda drinker, so no prep needed there. However, the night before I cut up limes ( in 12ths) and put them in a plastic container. It’s another thing that I will use any leftovers… Also, Costco Vodka – it’s like $20.00 for a big bottle of decent vodka.
- Signature Drink – Something super easy that you can just throw into a big container. I like a mixture of vodka, lemonade, limeade and unsweet black tea — think boozy Arnold Palmer…
- Mixers – I don’t go crazy, but my family knows to bring what you want to drink, so I get 2 bottles of Tonic and 2 Bottles of Soda Water. I also make extra unsweet tea for me to mix with my vodka!
- Kids – I go with the tried and true – juice boxes. I also have water available for everyone.
- Whole30? I gotchuuuu – Try this watermelon coconut mock-tail!
I hope this guide helps you out when you’re throwing your next party! Don’t stress – just plan and you’ll be fine — check out the printable shopping list below!
Party Shopping List!
- Vinegar (Deviled Eggs)
- Bacon (Deviled Eggs & Pasta Salad)
- Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Wings
- Deli Meat
- 2 Cans Tuna Fish
- Sliced Cheese
- Avocado (Pasta Salad)
- 1-2 Heads Butter Lettuce
- Grape Tomatoes
- Mint Leaves (Watermelon Mock-Tail)
- 2 Onions
- Produce for Salad
- Watermelon (Watermelon Mock-Tail)
- Zucchini (Pasta Salad)
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Onion Powder
- Arrowroot Flour (Chicken Wings)
- Baking Powder (Chicken Wings)
- 1 Chicken Broth (Chicken Marinade)
- 1 Jar Hot Sauce
- 1 Jar Jalapenos
- Plantain Chips
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Water (Watermelon Mock-Tail)
- Juice Boxes
- Soda Water
- Tonic Water
- Unsweet Tea